Pancakes can be a great recipe for a special needs classroom. I like to use the opportunity Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Tuesday). Students can be involved in the cracking of eggs, mixing of batter, and adding flavourings to their pancakes.
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup of milk
- small knob of butter
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk until well mixed.
- Melt a small know of butter in a large pan.
- Pour 1/4 mixture into hot pan.
- When entire pancake has changed colour, flip!
- Serve with lemon juice and sugar.
Note – You could also use a flat sandwich press instead of a frying pan, to make cooking in the classroom easier. Simply pour less mixture out for each pancake and make more pancakes. Cooking on a flat sandwich press will not require as much butter, because the surface should be fairly non-stick.